1. Butter: 140 gr
2. Shortening 60 gr
3. White sugar 1/2 cup / 110 gr
4. Light Brown Sugar: 1 cup (packed) / 230 gr
5. Semisweet or Bitter Chocolate melted and cooled: 225 gr
6. Mollasses: 5 tbp
7. Light Corn Syrup: 1 tbp
8. Eggs: 2
9. All purpose flour: 4 1/2 cup / 630 gr
10. Baking Soda: 1 tsp
11. Ground ginger: 5 1/2 tsp
12. All spice or extra ground ginger: 1/2 tsp
13. Ground cinnamon: 1 tsp
14. Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly grease and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine 1, 2, 3, 4 and beat with electric mixer at high or medium speed until creamy.
- Add 5, beat until blended.
- Add 6,7 and 8, beat until well blended.
- Sift together 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, at least 3 times, to combine well. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Divide dough in half and and form a ball with each half, then flat them to form a disc. Wrap each one in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least half an hour.
- Roll out each disc of dough between sheets of plastic, about 1/4 thickness.
- Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Place carefully on cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough until finish.
- Bake 8 minutes or until cookies have puffed slightly and have small crackles on surfaces.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with icing.
- 1/2 cup cold water
-1/4 cup meringue powder
- 4 cups of confectioner´s sugar
- Beat meringue powder into cold water until peaks form.
- Then beat in 4 cups of sifted confectioner´s sugar until desired consistency. Add more sugar for stiffer icing.
- Decorate cooled cookies as desired.